Friday, June 4, 2010

my mind is a forest

if you look closely you will see
there are bugs within the roots of me
my mind is a forest
my forest is infested with bugs and swarms
but if they left me could i endure
might it be if i could lure
these things so vial and full of despair
out of my forest and out of my core

the termites leave me with holes
the damage isn't just surface
holes so deep no use for a bandage
if i remove them there's still hope for me

the beetles those little guys
all i can do is sit here and cry
while they chip away at my outer shell
and get to my core where they choose to dwell
they ruin my growth and set me back
if only i had something to go on the attack

i'm not only trees
these bugs exist so His glory prevails
it's not about how clean i get
it's about learning from what i have

the bugs are gone and now just compost
now is the time where i flourish the most
with these bugs and things of the past
i can grow stronger than a hardened cast

looking back at the struggles i've had
the termites were rough
and the beetles were bad
but i wouldn't settle for anything less

i've grown so strong that it would be a waste
to not share what i know
instead of choosing to just sit and wait
for the next batch of beetles
or even a bigger swarm

now i've allowed Him into to my center
the beetles seem smaller
and the swarms just litter
He moves in me and allows me to grow
my mind is a forest
and i give Him control

2 comments:

  1. This has some really GREAT lines. Seriously you have some talent my favorite hipster. :)

    ReplyDelete