Thursday, May 20, 2010

treasure

the older i get, the brevity of flesh becomes more apparent. at 20 i'm realizing that my life in the flesh is an on going battle. if i was able to control my pride, lust, anger, and selfishness i wouldn't need God, but in surrendering my life to God, He has helped me with all of the things i struggle with. God allows me to struggle in my flesh because by denying my flesh i am giving God control and allowing Him to receive the glory due to Him. without Christ in my life and in my heart... i am a worm, He has set up in my heart and i have handed over the reigns and given Him control to rebuke, convict, and correct me in my flesh. so it is no longer of importance to me. i want to burn out for God. i want to make disciples the rest of my life, and i know God will use my time on this earth for His kingdom's work. my relationship with God has become a treasure to me.

Your word it sustains me
i've come to this place
with intentions of finding You
Your truth is a lamp
Your wisdom my light
i'm seeking Your face
with intentions of finding You
i would run for a thousand years
if i knew every step would be getting me closer
i'd swim to the ocean floor
for my Lord is the treasure
my Lord is the treasure
Holy holy
Holy is the Lord